POW-R-Bait downrigger weights combine the effectiveness of a high performance, hydrodynamic weight with proven fish attracting properties including sight, sound and vibration. Our weights are 100% made in Canada and mostly completed in house. We use 100% recycled lead and powder coat them for an extremely durable and attractive finish.
The slim sleek design of the weight makes it very efficient in the water reducing blowback and keeping the weight under the boat where it can be seen and measured by onboard electronics. The flat long profile improves tracking while making it less susceptible to the effects of current. When matched with identical weights in multi rigger set up they run true and predictably even when preforming figure 8 manoeuvres and tight turns.
The design and shape of them make them an ideal attractor as well. They were modeled to resemble the silhouette of real baitfish, not a cartoon facsimile. The dimples on the side stir up the water in the same way a cloud of bait fish would sending out vibrations that drive prey fish wild. Finally, we matched that up with some of the most popular fish attracting colours on the market, or you can’t go wrong with our basic black.
- Reduced blowback, even at high speeds and extreme depths
- True tracking even on tight turns
- Shows up on electronics for true depth
- Dimpled texture provides a sound signature that stimulates lateral lines of predator fish species
- Shape imitates prey fish found in most North American bodies of water