The St. Croix Onchor Spinning Rod for salmon and steelhead offers an impressive array of lengths, powers, and actions to handle lure weights from 3/16 oz. up to 8 oz., depending on the model. St. Croix salmon/steelhead spinning rod models are divided into two families, both featuring a sensitive and lightweight SCIII Carbon Fiber blank. The Onchor Carbon Spinning Rod set boasts carbon fiber handles and provides medium to medium-heavy power to help you reel in your catch with ease. The Onchor Cork Spinning Rod selection offers premium cork handles and includes models ranging from ultralight to medium-heavy.
The St. Croix Onchor salmon & steelhead spinning rod assembles proven St. Croix rod-building technologies to withstand the rigors when fighting your catch from start to finish. The SCIII Carbon Fiber blank forms from Integrated Poly Curve (IPC) tooling technology that eliminates transition points along the blank for smoother actions and sensitivity. The exotic carbon fiber material in Advanced Reinforcing Technology (ART) improves blank strength tenfold with virtually no increase in blank diameter or weight. Onchor Spinning Rod blanks also get St. Croix's Fortified Resin System (FRS) curing treatment for strength and durability, engineered to bring out the most in the blank's power and flexibility. From end to end, St. Croix Onchor Spinning Rods feature premium components that make up a lightweight, high-performance salmon and steelhead rod that helps bring out your best.
- Premium, high-modulus SCIII Carbon Fiber blank
- Integrated Poly Curve (IPC) tooling eliminates all transitional points on the rod blank for smoother actions, increased strength, and greater sensitivity
- Advanced Reinforcing Technology (ART) adds a magnitude (10X) of strength with virtually no increase in blank diameter or weight
- Fortified Resin System (FRS) blank curing for unparalleled strength and durability
- Handle: choice of carbon fiber or premium cork
- Reel seat: nylon primary material
- Guides: stainless steel frames and aluminum oxide rings
- Manufacturer's five-year warranty
Length 8' 6"
Power Med. Heavy
Line Weight 10 - 20 Lbs.
Lure Weight 1/2 - 5 Oz.