May Long Weekend is here!
First long weekend of the summer season is here!
Open Friday until 6pm
Couple weeks left in the Catfish Capture contest. Lots of great prizes up for grabs!
Below are the details to get involved & have a shot at some prizes in this fun & simple contest.
A fun contest we are proud to bring back again!
The Niagara/southern Ontario region has long had some very good catfish opportunities all over like Jordan Harbour, Port Dalhousie & Hamilton Harbour. Also the Niagara, Welland, Chippewa & Grand River systems are loaded with numbers & trophy sized catfish that can be accessed by both boat & shore.
We want to encourage everyone to go out & explore the great opportunities to catch these fun sportfish with friends & family this spring.
The 2022 Grimsby Tackle “Catfish Capture” will run Sat April 2 - Sat June 4.
A fun photo contest intended to celebrate this great fishery we have.
The Rules & Guidelines are rather simple:
1) The Catfish Capture will run April 2 to June 4. During then, go out and fish as often as you can, and catch & release as many nice catfish as you can, & take many good pictures.
2) Share your photos with us on Facebook & Instagram. You can also email them to email@example.com
3) Enter as often as you would like. Fish must be caught (and be proven if required) during the prescribed time period. Size does not necessarily matter, but it helps! Be creative, but tasteful! Extra special consideration if you "tag" & "mention" us on social media & also use both of these hashtags: #grimsbytackle & #catfishcapture
4) Please practice catch & release (not mandatory but encouraged) be safe, follow all MNR regs, practice good angling ethics, no trespassing, no littering, etc..
5) No entry fee or pre registration, Have fun!
6) We will have 5 prizes each for the adult (18+ ) division & 5 prizes for Junior division. Winners will be chosen by several criteria including creativity, participation level, social media use, quality of fish & pictures etc..
Special thanks to Pure Fishing ( Berkley and Ugly Stik) for some prize donations.